November Reads: Promoting Reading and Remembrance!
This November, at Energy Coast UTC we will be remembering all those who sacrificed their lives in conflicts throughout History, in accordance with Armistice Day celebrated every 11th of November. To help promote Remembrance Day, here are our top 10 recoomended reads:
- ‘Heroes’ by Robert Cormier: https://onlinereadfreenovel.com/robert-cormier/47557-heroes.html
- ‘Boy in the Striped Pyjamas’ by John Boyne: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxtc2N1bW1pbmdzc2VsYXNpdGV8Z3g6MTA1ZjY4YjUxOTg5NGRjMA
- ‘The Book Thief’ by Marcus Zusak: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxidXJuZXR0YXRrZW5uZWR5fGd4OjY3YzA0NTNiNjE2NGY3MjA
- ‘War Horse’ by Michael Morpurgo: https://somerford.dorset.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/warhorse-1.pdf
- ‘Atonement’ by Ian McEwan: https://www.bookscool.com/classic/Atonement-261550/1
- ‘Tattooist of Auschwitz’ by Heather Morris: https://readonlinefreenovel.com/tattooist-auschwitz-tattooist-auschwitz-1-heather-morris-0
- ‘Goodnight Mr Tom’ by Michelle Magorian: https://www.readanybook.com/online/147
- ‘The Diary of A Young Girl’ by Anne Frank: https://www.readanybook.com/online/42
- ‘Once’ by Morris Gleitzman: https://www.readanybook.com/online/568217
- ‘Birdsong’ by Sebastian Faulks: https://www.bookscool.com/classic/Birdsong-409683/1
At Energy Coast UTC, our students are urged to read daily, for enjoyment and to promote the importance of Literacy – but what about over the holidays?
These titles will appeal to all our students, covering a range of abilities and subjects and can all be quizzed on Accelerated Reader! Why don’t you give them a go?